Thursday, June 10, 2004

Driving to Redwood
June 10, 2004

I've been wasting my days
wasting my nights
on things that, in the end,
do not matter;
things, that in the long run,
provide no enjoyment,
no precious memories;
serving only myself,
ignoring all responsibility,
and all others so much more deserving.

Lord, I am not worthy to receive you,
but only say the word and I shall be healed.
Sometimes I feel I have dug myself so deep,
there is no point in climbing out.
But then I see the beauty of the world around me,
nature as God's gift, and realize:
to see through these eyes
is reason enough
to rise up, and go on.

I have been blessed
with vision and talent
but so much more blessed
with love unconditional,
love forgiving (if not understanding),
from close friends and family:
a true sign that the holy spirit
is working in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment