Thursday, August 12, 2010

I am Really NOT . . . . (the CONTINUEING SAGA OF my fun with MUSICIAN'S FRIEND

I am really NOT a mean SOB. Perhaps reading the Musician's Friend Posts you might think otherwise (http://cedareden.blogspot.com/2010/07/musiciansfriendcom-are-mfers.html and http://cedareden.blogspot.com/2010/07/musicians-friend-continues-to-m-f-up.html). I am generally reasonable, calm, thoughtful, considerate and caring. But when things go wrong due to the shortcomings of someone or some thing, particularly if that thing is a business or corporation, I like to let them know about it. First, I want them to know that they failed me. Second, I hope that they learn from the experience so that they do better next time.

I generally do this sort of thing on the down low, behind the scenes, typically via email. It is only when I get particularly frustrated by the bone-headedness of an institution that I take it to the streets, ie. my BLOG.

Musician's Friend, the online music store, is the latest in a very short list to earn my ire. There has been some dialogue, but it took a considerable amount of time before this big, nasty issue got bounced up to someone in management. Check out the comments on the more recent post to see the direction Musician's Friend is heading to prevent a reoccurance and to compensate me in some way for the frustration, missed opportunities due to equipment not arriving when ordered (should they pay my nightly gig fee?). Hey, I ordered in PLENTY of time to have what I needed when I needed it. And I payed for expedited fast shipping when necessary.

So far, I've got ANOTHER promise to personally walk an order to the door (which means what, seeing as how the warehouse is States away from the operations center -- occasionally bringing up some tracking number status on a computer screen?). It worked so well before.
       Come on, I am allowed to be a little cynical at this point. Go back and read the two prior posts.

I RESERVE THIS SPACE BELOW FOR THE FINAL RESOLUTION . . .


~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment