Saturday, March 06, 2010

Love. Love Lost.

Love
Is the desire for closeness,
Longing for that next touch,
Skin on skin.
Love
Is aching for that next touch,
Desire that grows, day by day.
It is not the kind of love
Some people can sustain.

I've had that kind of love.
I've had that kind of love
Wither.
I've had that kind of love
Fade.
I've had that kind of love
Lost.

And after all the love I've had,
The loves brief, the loves long,
After all the love lost,
I still believe in love.
Hopelessly romantic.
Only because I know
You are out there,
A love that could have been,
In other times, other situations.
A love that could be,
Now,
If you would only let it be so.

One hopeless romantic,
Burned by love & burned by lovers,
Still looking for that one love
That fits like a key in a lock,
That perfect embrace,
Head to toe,
Heart to heart.


fb "It's complicated"

No comments:

Post a Comment