Thursday, May 29, 2008

Working on a book

I started working on a book this week, with the working title "Some Summer Days in the Adirondacks: A Natural History in the Northern Adirondack Mountains." I got the idea after downloading several free public domain books to my Kindle by Frderick John Lazell with titles like Some Spring Days in Iowa written around 1908.
There is a pretty large selection of Adirondack books, but very few titles present an overview natural history book for the area and none approach the subject in this way. I will talk about what is happening in the woods and waters of the northern Adirondacks, including trees & flowers, animals and birds, over time as the summer progresses. It will be written in a conversational style akin to being on a series of nature walks taken throughout the area in the months of June, July, and August.
Look for postings of draft sections as the work progresses. Sure beats watching endless hours of TV, although I'll have to cut back on my voracious reading as well.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment